San Diego Fluid System Technologies wishes to draw attention to the mission of Father Joe's Villages during this challenging time for the San Diego community, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are proud to present to 2020 Children's Charity Gala, which will be a virtual event with auction beginning April 20th.
With a vision of ending homelessness, Father Joe's Villages provides a comprehensive services, from housing and food programs to academic and social services for children and therapeutic and health services. Addressing the cycle of homelessness, this focus aims to increase self-sufficiency.
The funds raised from the Children's Charity Gala directly support programs and services for children experiencing homelessness, including fully licensed and accredited preschool and after-school programs, the Therapeutic Childcare Center and emergency and life-sustaining services like food, shelter and healthcare.
San Diego Fluid System Technologies has supported Father Joe's Villages in multiple ways since 2013, including board membership. The Thanksgiving Day 5K gives associates the opportunity to raise money and compete as a team. Each May, the company has supported the upcoming Children's Charity Gala.
Interested in helping? Here are some ideas:
Donate to the Emergency Response Fund to respond to needs from COVID-19.
Below are examples of ongoing items needed. Contact them directly to deliver donations.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Dust Masks
- Paper Towels
- Disinfectant Wipes
General needs for residents and newly housed clients (Brand new please)
- Laundry bags
- Underwear and Socks for men, women and children
- Hygiene Items: Lip Balm, Sunscreen, Shampoo, Lotion, etc.
- Towels: Hand or Full sized
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Grooming Items: Razors, brushes, combs, Kleenex, etc.
- Hand mirrors
- Blankets: Any size
- Pillows & Sheets: For twin beds
- Dishes, Silverware, Tupperware, General Kitchen
- Pill Boxes
- Cleaning supplies: sponges, dish soap, laundry detergent, pot holders, etc.
- Hygiene packs (including travel sized products and washcloths)
- Clothing: Belts, warm coats, sweatshirts, sweatpants
- Diapers, (mostly sizes 3, 4, 5, but any size is welcome)
- Strollers: single, double, and umbrella
- Infant/toddler books: the board books, toy books, soft books, are most needed
- Bottles & Formula
- Toys: Like new or brand new. No stuffed animals please.