The Advantages of Orbital Welding
San Diego Fluid System Technologies has ASME Section IX - certified orbital welders on staff to create precise welding for your assemblies. We also rent and sell Swagelok M200 and M100 orbital welding equipment and offer training for your team if you prefer to weld in house.
- Provides safe connections with fewer potential leak paths throughout the system.
- Eliminates threaded and mechanical joints that are costly due to maintenance and replacement costs.
- Gives better instrument readings because of fewer potential leak points in your system.
At the facility you will gain:
- Increased safety and faster set up time.
- Superior weld quality and consistency from the 1st weld through the last weld of the day.
ability to track each and every weld with Microsoft® Windows-based touch screen.
- Quick ROI — improved technologies makes these machines more affordable and a better solution.
- Electronic data capture, allowing you to automate your documentation.
- State-of-the-art technology that monitors and transfers data to a computer where it is formatted for statistical analysis.
The welder will experience:
- Repeatable, reliable, higher purity welds and more control throughout weld process.
- A shorter learning process than TIG, which can take years to master.
- A lightweight, portable system that can be taken to the jobsite (remote control options are available).
- A powerful tool in the hands of an experienced welder, and easy enough for the novice.
About Swagelok Orbital Welding Training
It is critical for welders to obtain up-to-date and accurate training due to the complexity of consistently achieving acceptable orbital welds. Once a year, we offer a five day course in San Diego, which consists of a series of lectures and hands on activities to develop an understanding of orbital welding principles. A theoretical and practical exam is administered at the end of the course to test comprehension. The fifth day is used to test for ASME Section IX qualification.
- Instruction from a Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) and Weld Educator (CWE) from Swagelok headquarters.
- A comprehensive understanding of weld principles.
- Instructions for set up and operation of the orbital welding system.
- Knowledge of how to troubleshoot and identify frequently encountered welding problems.
- An emphasis on operational issues using hands on experience.
- The training may qualify for QA/ QC requirements for your company
- Students receive a reference workbook, user’s manual and signed certificate of completion.
Who should attend?
- Welders with orbital welding experience who wish to upgrade their skills or obtain ASME qualification
- Welders without orbital welding experience who would like to learn the technique
- Supervisors of orbital welding operations
- Engineers who design systems that include orbital welding
- Quality assurance and quality control personnel