Effective welders must obtain up-to-date and accurate training due to the complexity of consistently achieving acceptable orbital welds. This 5 day course consists of a series of lectures and hands on activities to develop an understanding of orbital welding principles. A theoretical and practical exam is administered at the end of the course to test comprehension and the fifth day is reserved for ASME Section IX testing.
- Instruction from a Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) and Weld Educator (CWE) from Swagelok headquarters.
- A comprehensive understanding of weld principles.
- Instructions for set up and operation of the orbital welding system.
- Knowledge of how to troubleshoot and identify frequently encountered welding problems.
- An emphasis on operational issues using hands on experience.
- The training may qualify for QA/ QC requirements for your company
- Students receive a reference workbook, users' manual and signed certificate of completion.
Who should attend?
- Welders with orbital welding experience who wish to upgrade their skills or obtain ASME qualification
- Welders without orbital welding experience who would like to learn the techniques
- Supervisors of orbital welding operations
- Engineers who design systems that include orbital welding
- Quality assurance and quality control personnel
Topics to be covered include:
|Background on basic welding||Setup and operation of orbital welding equipment|
|Basic metallurgy for orbital welding||Preventative Maintenance|
|Shielding & backing purge gasses and procedures||Industry weld specifications|
|A variety of weld procedures||Hands-on experience on applications with micro-fit fittings to 4 inch diameter tubing|