Join our team. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Customer Service Representative
If you have initiative, a can-do attitude, and an appetite to learn and grow with us, you might have the right stuff. If you have a few years of customer service experience, mechanical aptitude, or speak Spanish – even better! We will be hiring a professional contributor with the grit to work hard and perseverance for problem solving. Our company has a reputation for providing the highest quality products and services. This position is responsible for delivering on this promise by providing responsive and comprehensive service to customers.
As a Customer Service Representative you will be on the phone and the computer helping customers with product inquiry, quotation, order finalization and on-time delivery. In this position you will be expected to coordinate with other teams such as Sales, Warehouse and Supply Chain using applications such as MS Office and SAP B1. Candidates must possess proven customer service skills, be punctual and professional to ensure we earn our customers’ trust with every interaction.
San Diego Fluid Systems Technologies is a small company with access to the reach and resources of our corporate supplier, Swagelok. The Customer Service Representative will be onboarded with a comprehensive training plan including SAP B1, processes, quality, and then technical product training. Once you have succeeded in the Customer Service role there are multiple paths for further development if you want to challenge yourself and make greater contributions to the team.
At San Diego Fluid System Technologies our people truly make a difference in the lives of our customers and our local communities and in the success of our company. SDFST offers competitive wages and comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance, a matching 401K, and vacation benefits. To apply, please submit resume to SDFST.resume@Swagelok.com.
- Process quotes, orders, inquiries
- Manage quotes and order changes
- Accurately maintain and update customer information
- Communicate effectively with customers and supplier
- Follow documented processes
- Provide technical assistance to customers
- 2+ years customer service experience in a professional, problem-solving capacity
- Bachelor's degree preferred. (Technical, science or business degrees will be given highest consideration.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; fluency in Spanish a plus
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills; MS Office required, CRM, MRP or ERP system preferred
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities
- Must complete the intensive product training program
- Work an eight-hour shift Monday to Friday, typically 8:00am to 5:00pm, or starting earlier
- Meet expectations of the productivity and quality metrics established for our customer service team
- Must be an effective team player and contribute to individual and team goals to achieve highly responsive, customer-focused service goals that result in high customer satisfaction
- Respond to telephone, email, or other service requests with timely and accurate information
- Work collaboratively with our business partners to provide solutions for customers