All Tube Fittings are not the same.
How do you know we're certain? Every Swagelok product and assembly includes a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Avoid Leakage - Excellent gas-tight sealing and consistent reassembly help ensure efficiency in utility, production, terminal, and transport systems. Swagelok tube fittings minimize gas and process fluid leakage, leading to operational gains.
- Simple Installation - Simple installation, combined with consistent gaugeability upon initial installation, minimizes installation error.
- Protect Against Corrosion - Swagelok tube fittings are available in a variety of materials, including controlled 316 stainless steel and SAF 2507® super duplex for enhanced corrosion resistance in critical applications, including subsea systems. The unique back-ferrule design and fitting geometry help eliminate dead spots and entrapment of corrosive fluids better than other connection methods.
- Prevent Vibration - Patented case-hardening processes and back-ferrule geometry provide excellent vibration fatigue resistance—even in harsh or stressful environments, such as offshore instrumentation, gas turbines, compressors, and pumps. Advanced back ferrule geometry is designed for consistent hinging and colleting action to enhance a robust tube grip, leak-tight gas seal, and excellent vibration resistance.
- Learn more about these features with the Swagelok Tube Fitting Advantage
The Swagelok tube fitting was patented and brought to market in 1947, resolving problems the oil and gas industries were experiencing in making repeatable, reliable leak-tight connections on process instrumentation systems.
Swagelok developed the original two-ferrule tube fitting and continues to improve its leak-tight design for use in thousands of diverse applications. The patented case-hardening process and back-ferrule geometry produce an excellent colleting grip of the tube, minimizing the effects of vibration. Because this design uses consistent geometry instead of torque for gaugeable make-up, the Swagelok tube fitting can be used on a range of thick- or thin-walled, hard or soft tubing, while resisting the effects of pressure and thermal cycling.
Comprehensive training is available to teach proper selection assembly and safe installation of Swagelok fittings. You can also learn more about Swagelok's exceptional results in leak detection surveys.